At Grow Gorgeous, we know that haircare is as individual to a person as how we drink our coffee, our sense of style or even our fingerprints. It can be near impossible in a world with so many options to find the solution that works for you and your hair. That’s why we have a tailored solution for every hair concern. No matter the struggle we aim to give you gorgeous haircare that works. But don’t just take our word for it. We caught up with Smita about her hair growth journey, her Grow Gorgeous holy grails and how she took her hair confidence from zero to one-hundred in just 3 months. After all, no one’s opinion matters more to us than the real people who trust us with their hair.
FIRSTLY, SMITA, WHY DON’T YOU TELL US MORE ABOUT YOURSELF?
I am a Digital Marketing Manager who is obsessed with Beyonce, books, politics & pop culture. Due to my job, I am also a social media whiz and I’m sharing my haircare and hair growth advice on TikTok.
WHERE DID YOU FIRST HEAR ABOUT GROW GORGEOUS?
I first heard about Grow Gorgeous on YouTube. I was curious about the scientific ingredients included like Niacinamide. Then I read some reviews and learnt it is widely used by cancer survivors/patients.
CAN YOU DESCRIBE THE RELATIONSHIP YOU HAD WITH YOUR HAIR BEFORE YOU STARTED YOUR HAIR GROWTH JOURNEY?
So I have always had very long, thick hair reminiscent of my Indian heritage. My hair has always been healthy as I have been oiling it since a child and I am conscious of using heat on my hair.
WHAT WAS YOUR KEY HAIR CONCERN? AND HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT YOUR HAIR NOW, AFTER USING GROW GORGEOUS?
I suffered significant hair loss due to Covid-19. I noticed the intense range as it’s specifically driven to hair growth. I did lose a lot of confidence as long hair was my thing. After 3 months of using the whole intense range, the gaps in my scalp disappeared! My hair was healthier and thicker and my confidence came back.
TELL US ALL ABOUT YOUR HAIRCARE ROUTINE – WHAT PRODUCTS HAVE YOU BEEN USING AND HOW DO YOU USE THEM?
I use the Intense Hair Growth Serum daily at night after my skincare routine. I ensure to use it with my massager brush to penetrate my scalp. I then use the Intense Shampoo, Intense Conditioner and Intense Thickening Hair Mask every 2 weeks. I use the Defence Scalp Scrub a few times a month, I love using this as I do have an oily scalp and only wash it once a week so I need that extra clean. Also, removing dead skin from my scalp helps me facilitate my growth. I also use the Balance Overnight Shine Enhancing Mask once a month.
WHAT ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO OTHERS STRUGGLING WITH THINNING HAIR OR OTHER HAIR CONCERNS?
The advice I would give is to take a holistic approach. Reduce the heat on your hair, use proper treatments and conditioning masks, invest in a scalp massager brush and microfiber towels. Use specific growth products and be kind to your hair. Do not get tape-in extensions, focus on growing your hair back. It will take a while but it will be worth it!
GET SMITA’S ROUTINE:
- Rich in Caffeine, Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid, this thickening Shampoo and Conditioner duo are to die for
- Proven to leave your hair looking and feeling thicker and fuller in no time at all
- One of our two hair growth serums, this gorgeous growth booster is trialled and tested, proven to increase the thickness of air strands, otherwise known as hair density, by up to 13%
- Boosts hair growth in as little as 4 weeks
- Stress is a hair growth hater, so remember to take some time to relax with a mask
- Feel nourished and revived with this thickening bestseller
- Get a fresh start with this exfoliating scrub, designed to clear away the dirt, sebum and pollution we encounter in our daily lives, this treatment will leave your hair and scalp protected from external stressors
- Use in your routine to ward off worries and stay safe between washes
- Give yourself the ‘I woke up like this’ feeling and take your morning from glum to glam with this shine-enhancing overnight mask
- After all, nothing boosts self-confidence like glossy, healthy hair